I set up a Yahoo Group for our class. The group URL is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cisdh/
Here are email addresses for using the group via email, as opposed to the Web interface:
Post message: firstname.lastname@example.org
List owner: email@example.com
Join the group. When you confirm your request to join, you will receive a welcome message by email. Print that message to turn in.
Explore the capabilties and options of the Yahoo Group.
When you are familiar with the capabilities of the Yahoo Group type the answers to the following questions and turn them in:
- I've uploaded a shared file to the group -- what is name of the file?
- What is one advantage of the Yahoo Group over our class listserver?
- Who owns the computer where the class list server runs?
- Who owns the computer where the Yahoo Group runs?
- Who can create a Yahoo Group?
- Who can create a list server at CSUDH?