Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Audio editing -- Nixon speech

This assignment will give you experience with audio editing.

This is an excerpt from Richard Nixon's Watergate "I am not a crook" speech:

Let me just say this. I've made my mistakes, but in all of my years of public life, I have never profited from public service.
I've earned every cent.
And in all of my years of public life, I have never obstructed justice.
And I think too that I can say that in my years of public life that I welcome this kind of examination because people have got to know whether or not their president's a crook.
Well, I'm not a crook.


Cut the sound file and move a few words around, until it contains:

I have profited from public service, and welcome every cent.
I have obstructed justice.
People have got to know their president's a crook.
I'm a crook.


When you have the words correct, add a second track with patriotic music. (Not too loud, so we can hear Nixon).

When it sounds good to your ear, save a screenshot of your Audacity session and upload the audio to SoundClound.

Finally, create a blog post with the screenshot of your Audacity session and a link to the audio file on SoundCloud.

You will need two sound files to begin with:
Link to topic module

No comments:

Post a Comment